- Registration begins: 01/04/23
- Semester dates: 01/30/22 - 06/02/23
- Last day to register without a permission number: 01/29/23
- Last day to register with a permission number: 02/17/23
- Course Completion Date: 05/20/23
To receive a grade within the semester enrolled, all coursework must be completed by this date
- Registration begins: July 19
- Semester dates: August 22 - December 16
- Last day to register without a permission number: August 21
- Last day to register with a permission number: September 12
See Permission Request Instructions below
- Course Completion Date: December 11
To receive a grade within the semester enrolled, all coursework must be completed by this date.
How to Receive Course Access
Please note: these online courses are not accessed through iLearn. Please read through all the information on this page before registering.
- Spring 2023 semester begins on Monday, January 30, 2023.
Students who have registered and paid tuition fees in full and in advance of January 30 will not receive the course access email or course access from VESi until the semester begins onJanuary 30.
- Students who register once the semester begins on January 30 or after the semester begins, will need to request a permission number to enroll. Course access will be sent within one week of enrolling, and tuition fees must be received in full before course access can be sent. See Permission Request Instructions below.
- The course access email will be sent from our partnership program representatives at Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi) firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line will read "San Francisco State University - (the course name) - Access Information." This is where you will receive the URL, your User Name, Course Code, Course Version and temporary password that you will use to access the course for the first time.
Important – Course Access Email Address:
Upon registering, our system automatically generates a mail.sfsu.edu email address to all students; this is visible in your Student Record under contact information. If you do not add another email address, course access and other information is emailed only to the email that you have selected (check mark the box next to email address) in your Student Center as your preferred primary contact email address. Please ensure your student record reflects accurately your current contact information, including the preferred email address, mailing address and phone number(s), as this information is required for course access. Visit Gateway > Student Center to learn more.
After receiving your course access, you will now communicate with our partnership representatives at Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi) for all course access questions, tech support and when you have completed each course. You may also visit the Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi) website and view the pull-down menu under Support for Frequently Asked Questions and other information.
To register after the semester start date, you will need to request a permission number. Please email your request to the program coordinator, Isabel Seiden.
Please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your SF State ID number
- Course title
- Class number
- The abbreviation and number as listed, for example: EDUC 503 or COUN 501.
Please ensure your student record reflects your current contact information, including your preferred primary email address, mailing address, and phone numbers, as this information is required for course access. The program coordinator will respond to your request with the permission number. Please register promptly as the permission numbers will expire.
Master the challenges of today's classrooms: Classroom Management, Special Needs Students, and Violence and Harassment in Schools. These courses can be completed at home, at your own pace and time.
These courses do not count toward any credential programs at SF State.