Spring 2023: January 30, 2023 - May 26, 2023
Certificate Application Deadlines*
Spring: November 15
Fall: May 15
*Late applications will be considered. Students will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Annual Tuition/Fees and Cost of Living
|Certificate Program||Tuition and Fees||Living Expenses*||Total Fees*|
|Business Administration Certificate||$12,648||$26,251||$38,899|
*Estimated costs presented. Actual costs may vary.
Certificate students pay the following tuition and mandatory fees per semester:
Tuition: $395 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees: $132 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees include:
- A robust orientation program
- Personalized advising services
- Course registration assistance to ensure you are on track to complete certificate
- An activities program with:
- Outdoor recreation, cultural events and sports
- Visits to San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, music, food, businesses and more
- Guest speakers from local industries
Optional fees (non-refundable, subject to change):
- Muni: $200 per semester. Unlimited monthly transportation pass for local buses and trains.
- Mashouf Wellness Center: $185 spring or fall semester, $87 summer semester. Semester access to the Mashouf Wellness Center including state of the art fitness and aquatics facilities, and a recreation and outdoor program.
- Complete at least 56 units of university coursework
- Overall GPA 2.5 or higher
- English Proficiency Requirement - Please review the English Proficiency Requirement page for details.
The following CEU classes are not required for the certificate but strongly encouraged enrichment options if you are planning to apply for graduate school, Optional Practical Training (OPT), an internship or a job.
- Graduate School Preparation - Provides students interested in applying for graduate schools the knowledge, skills, practice and confidence needed to prepare competitive graduate school applications and interview well.
- Global Business Communication Skills - Designed to prepare students for a successful job or internship search and the professional skills needed to excel in this internship or job.
Optional Practical Training (OPT) offers international students the opportunity to work up to one full year in the United States after nine months of full-time study. Please confirm eligibility for OPT with the admissions coordinator.
Although enrollment in SF State’s College of Professional & Global Education is not considered admission to SF State, an I-20 ("Certificate of Eligibility") for F-1 student status will be issued when students are accepted into a full-time certificate program in the College of Professional & Global Education and require a student visa to enter the country. Students entering the US using an F-1 visa must maintain full-time student status during the time they are enrolled in an approved certificate program.
Other non-immigrants visa categories (except B, C and D visa) may enroll (full or part time) in College of Professional & Global Education courses incidental to their primary status. Contact the Center for Global Engagement for detailed information and restrictions.
The registration policy applies to tuition and mandatory/miscellaneous fees. Optional fees are non-refundable.
Tuition, mandatory/miscellaneous, and optional fees will be finalized and posted after the ‘last day to drop with full refund’ as listed in Important Dates. Full payment of tuition and fees must be received within the day all fees are posted and census date as listed in the Academic Calendar.
In the case of third party payment, the party responsible for payments should send an Authorization to Bill letter to email@example.com. SF State will send invoices to the third party after census date. All tuition and fees will appear in the student center until payment is processed/received.
For class or program withdrawal, contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.