Offered in Spring and Fall Only
Students who have not completed the Culminating Experience within the two semesters allotted are required to maintain Continuous Enrollment through the College of Professional & Global Education until the degree is earned. Continuous Enrollment courses are graduate-level courses set up by the College of Professional & Global Education for SF State students who need to remain actively enrolled in the University while they finish their graduate work.
How to Register
Step 1 - Find Your Class
Step 2 - Check for Course Requirement
Check your Student Center for this Hold message:
CEL 499 Course Requirement
If you do not have this hold, stop and contact Graduate Studies at (415) 338-2234.
Step 3 - Call to Register
Call (415) 405-7700. Enrollment is open throughout the semester.
To retroactively add the class when the semester is over:
- Please contact the Division of Graduate Studies at (415) 338-2231 to make sure you are term-activated for the term you need to retroactively add the class, and to see if the negative service indicator authorizing you to take the class is placed on your account.
- Download and complete the Registration Form and Petition for Waiver of College Regulations.
- Complete both forms. Check the retroactive add box on the petition form, explain why your registration is late in the space provided, and sign the form. You do not need to secure any other signatures - the College of Professional & Global Education will do that.
- Hand deliver or Express Mail forms to the College of Professional & Global Education; submit with a check (or money order) for the full course fee, plus the addition of a $50 retro-add late fee (total amount $350); checks are made payable to SFSU-CPaGE. There is a $25 additional charge for each additional retro semester.
Key points about Continuous Enrollment classes:
- They are set up as 499-level classes.
- There are no units granted and no grade is assigned.
- The fee is $300 per class.
- This course is only offered in fall and spring.
- The College of Professional & Global Education offers Continuous Enrollment courses for each SF State college every semester.
The requirement for Culminating Experience Continuous Enrollment applies to all students admitted or re-admitted for fall 2008 or later. Doctoral students should follow program requirements for continuous enrollment and degree completion.
Continuous Enrollment Policy
Find the Continuous Enrollment policy.
Division of Graduate Studies
GradStop: Graduate Student Services
1600 Holloway Avenue
Administration Building, Room 250
San Francisco, CA 94132
College of Professional & Global Education
Fax: (415) 817-4299