Offered in Spring and Fall Only
Students who have not completed the Culminating Experience within the two semesters allotted are required to maintain Continuous Enrollment through the College of Professional & Global Education until the degree is earned. Continuous Enrollment courses are graduate-level courses set up by the College of Professional & Global Education for SF State students who need to remain actively enrolled in the University while they finish their graduate work.
Key points about Continuous Enrollment classes:
- They are set up as 499-level classes.
- There are no units granted and no grade is assigned.
- The fee is $300 per class.
- This course is only offered in fall and spring.
- The College of Professional & Global Education offers Continuous Enrollment courses for each of the eight colleges every semester.
The requirement for Culminating Experience Continuous Enrollment applies to all students admitted or re-admitted for fall 2008 or later. Doctoral students should follow program requirements for continuous enrollment and degree completion.
Use the SF State Class Schedule to find your college's Continuous Enrollment course. Be sure to choose Session: College of Extended Learning (CEL) when searching the class schedule.
Register through SF State Gateway.
Continuous Enrollment Policy
Find the Continuous Enrollment policy.
To retroactively add the class when the semester is over:
- Please contact the Graduate Studies Office at (415) 338-2231 to make sure you are term-activated for the term you need to retroactively add the class, and to see if the negative service indicator authorizing you to take the class is placed on your account.
- Download and complete the Registration Form and Petition for Waiver of College Regulations.
- Complete both forms. Check the retroactive add box on the petition form, explain why your registration is late in the space provided, and sign the form. You do not need to secure any other signatures - the College of Professional & Global Education will do that.
- Hand deliver or Express Mail forms to the College of Professional & Global Education; submit with a check (or money order) for the full course fee, plus the addition of a $50 retro-add late fee (total amount $350); checks are made payable to SFSU-CPaGE. There is a $25 additional charge for each additional retro semester.
GradStop: Graduate Student Services
1600 Holloway Avenue
Administration Building, Room 250
San Francisco, CA 94132
College of Professional & Global Education
Fax: (415) 817-4299