Apply for this program using Cal State Apply. Please read this page in full before applying.
- Review Cal State Apply Application TIPS
- Go to Cal State Apply, select the term you wish to apply for, and hit the Apply button.
- Create your Cal State Apply account and complete your Extended Profile. Be sure to choose “First Bachelor’s Degree” for the “Degree Goal” in this section.
- Complete the Personal Information, Academic History and Supporting Materials sections of the application.
- To add the Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice Studies application: Click on “Add Program”
- Search for “San Francisco State University” under campus and “Extended Education” for source and choose the term you are planning to apply for.
- Choose the application designated for “Pre-Bachelor Applicants.”
- Complete the Required and Optional Questions
- Upload a copy of your Unofficial Transcript
- Submit the application
Spring 2024 Application Cycle
August 30, 2023: Application Opens
November 1, 2023: Application Deadline
November 15, 2023: Deadline for all official transcripts to be received*
Fall 2024 Application Cycle
November 2, 2023: Application Opens
April 1, 2024: Application Deadline
April 30, 2024: Deadline for all official transcripts to be received*
*Note: Complete applications with official transcripts will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis. Hard copy transcripts can take up to 4 - 6 weeks for processing.
To be eligible for admission, a student must:
- Be a resident of California or another authorized state. See State Authorization.
- Have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester (90 quarter) units.
- Have a grade point average of 2.0 (C) or better in all transferable units attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended.
- Have completed all lower-division General Education requirements (39 semester units or 58.5 quarter units) with a grade of C- or better including the below four courses commonly called "Golden Four":
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Quantitative Reasoning
All students must supply official transcripts* of their college work to be accepted into the program. Submit any unofficial transcripts showing college coursework at the time you complete your Cal State Apply application.
Please send hard copy original official transcript(s) to:
College of Professional & Global Education
San Francisco State University
160 Spear Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Please send electronic original official transcript(s) to:
*Current SF State degree seeking students and graduates are exempt from the Official Transcript submission requirement.
Information about lower-division General Education requirements is listed at SF State Bulletin > General Education.
Students who enter with an AD-T (AA-T or AS-T) can complete the program in two years with a full-semester load (15 units per semester).
Students can enroll at a local community college or CSU campus to complete university electives, program electives or lower-division General Education requirements. You may do this concurrently with your program enrollment. Once the course is completed, it will show up on your SF State transcript but is considered a non-campus course. Information and eligibility requirements are listed in the SF State Bulletin.