- There is no application process to begin taking classes.
- Obtain SF State Login and Password.
- Register for classes based on individual goals and prerequisites.
- Payment is due upon registration. Space is limited. Please register three weeks in advance.
- Request a Certificate of Completion after all classes have been successfully completed.
- For online classes, log in to Canvas using your SF State Login and Password.
Students come from diverse professional backgrounds including finance, IT, construction, biotech/pharmaceutical, gaming, healthcare, government and nonprofits. Many professionals manage projects without the working titles or formal education in project management.
This program is designed for current professionals seeking to add project management knowledge and techniques in their current positions, professionals seeking promotion, career-changers or those just breaking in to this expanding field.
Our classes help to prepare students for the PMP® or CAPM® Exams, and are all applicable toward the hours of project management education required to sit for a variety of PMI exams. Classes are also eligible as Professional Development Units (PDU) for current PMP® credential holders seeking to fulfill training hours (one CEU is equal to ten hours of training.)
Not everyone is seeking PMI credentials, and our classes offer an opportunity to gain expertise in a variety of project management concepts for those people strictly seeking the education.
Project Planning and Management Overview is the prerequisite for all other classes.
Course materials are provided in each class along with the syllabus. For some courses there are additional required texts. Please see individual course descriptions for required texts.
All texts may be purchased online through the PMI Bookstore or Amazon. Required textbooks may be on hand at the SF State Bookstore. Call (415) 338-2665 for availability.
Are Online Classes Right for You?
Online classes are best suited to self-motivated students who are comfortable with technology and online learning.
Technology Requirements for Online Classes
The online Project Management classes require students to have access to specific hardware and software as listed below:
- A personal computer, whether desktop or laptop, is required and classes can be taken using a Windows or Mac computer. Some classes require specific PC-based applications like Microsoft Project for Scheduling Fundamentals. (Trial versions are available online, and instructions are provided in the syllabus.)
- Reliable Internet connection.
- Speakers and microphones are needed for audio aspects of classes, and students may choose to turn on video if they have access on their computers.
- We recommend that students use the most current version of the Firefox browser for best online accessibility.
- Students are also required to have access to a word processor, spreadsheet, and scheduling software.
- Current versions of Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat and Java are needed for all online courses.
Please make sure your computer and software are updated before logging into class for the first time.
PMBOK, PMP and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.