Now you can study to become a certified EKG technician at your own pace and within your schedule. The EKG Technician online course includes interactive learning modules, 24/7 mentoring, learning exercises, labs and a student portal with career resources.
- Tuition: $1,299
Self-paced eLearning course includes six months access, all eBooks, workbooks, and related course material.
- Register: Visit How to Register
- Contact: For more information, advising and questions call (877) 261-1484.
This EKG Technician program prepares students to function as EKG technicians.This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart and cardiovascular system
- Medical disease processes and terminology
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Electrocardiography and echocardiography
- An introduction to the components, function, and proper use of the EKG machine
- The normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement
- 12-lead placement and other practices
- Role of the EKG technician
- Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Care and safety of patients including medical and legal aspects of patient care
- Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
- Basic EKG interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
- EKG troubleshooting including recognizing artifacts
- Waves and measurements
- EKG strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave-form interpretation)
- Identification of rhythms using the 12-lead EKG
- Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
This course was developed to ensure that students gain the necessary skills to excel in a professional healthcare environment. This course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Online healthcare content that supplements each course
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Access to an online community with interactive content and robust student services
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
- EKG technicians should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are several EKG technician national certification exams that are available to students.
- The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) requires 10 EKGs on live individuals prior to challenging their Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
- Many employers of EKG technicians offer to supervise the live EKGs for their prospective employees' certifications. However, our educational partners at Condensed Curriculum International/Health Ed Today can match you with an externship site to complete the live EKGs required for certification if you would prefer.