How to Apply for the Pre-MBA Program
Upload your supporting documents to our secure Box folder.
Supporting documents include: Transcript, Proof of English Proficiency, Financial Eligibility and copy of passport/student immigration documents. See the Pre-MBA Program Step-by-Step Checklist for details. We will process your application when we receive your complete set of documents.
If you are admitted to the program, accept the offer to secure your seat.
Late applications will be considered. Students will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Fall: May 15
Spring: November 15
Spring 2023: January 30, 2023 - May 26, 2023
Fall 2023: August 21, 2023 - December 15, 2023
Annual Tuition/Fees and Cost of Living
|Certificate Program||Tuition and Fees||Living Expenses*||Total Fees*|
*Estimated costs presented. Actual costs may vary. For MBA tuition and fees please refer to the MBA Admission ;page.
Certificate students pay the following tuition and mandatory fees per semester:
Tuition: $395 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees: $132 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees include:
- A robust orientation program
- Personalized advising services
- Course registration assistance to ensure you are on track to complete certificate
- An activities program with:
- Outdoor recreation, cultural events and sports
- Visits to San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, music, food, businesses and more
- Guest speakers from local industries
Optional fees (non-refundable, subject to change):
- Muni: $200 per semester. Unlimited monthly transportation pass for local buses and trains.
- Mashouf Wellness Center: $188 spring or fall semester, $89 summer semester. Semester access to the Mashouf Wellness Center including state of the art fitness and aquatics facilities, and a recreation and outdoor program.
- Complete at least three years of university coursework
- Overall GPA 2.5 or higher on the first three years of university coursework
- No GMAT required
- English Proficiency Requirement:
TOEFL - iBT 70 or IELTS 6.0 or PTE 50
The following CEU classes are not required for the certificate but strongly encouraged enrichment options if you are planning to apply for graduate school, Optional Practical Training (OPT), an internship or a job.
- Graduate School Preparation - Provides students interested in applying for graduate schools the knowledge, skills, practice and confidence needed to prepare competitive graduate school applications and interview well.
- Global Business Communication Skills - Designed to prepare students for a successful job or internship search and the professional skills needed to excel in this internship or job.
Although enrollment in SF State's College of Professional & Global Education is not considered admission to SF State, an I-20 ("Certificate of Eligibility") for F-1 student status will be issued when students are accepted into a full-time certificate program in the College of Professional & Global Education and require a student visa to enter the country. Students entering the US using an F-1 visa must maintain full-time student status during the time they are enrolled in an approved certificate program at the College of Professional & Global Education.
Other non-immigrants visa categories (except B, C and D visa) may enroll (full or part time) in College of Professional & Global Education courses incidental to their primary status. Contact the Center for Global Engagement for detailed information and restrictions.
The registration policy applies to tuition and mandatory/miscellaneous fees. Optional fees are non-refundable.
Tuition, mandatory/miscellaneous, and optional fees will be finalized and posted after the ‘last day to drop with full refund’ as listed in Important Dates. Full payment of tuition and fees must be received within the day all fees are posted and census date as listed in the Academic Calendar.
In the case of third party payment, the party responsible for payments should send an Authorization to Bill letter to email@example.com. SF State will send invoices to the third party after census date. All tuition and fees will appear in the student center until payment is processed/received.
For class or program withdrawal, contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need Adobe Reader to view the PDF files on this page.