Pre-Health Professions Post-Baccalaureate
Formal Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program in San Francisco, California
Our highly-structured program is intended for students who have already earned a bachelor's degree and wish to apply to medical school, dental school, physician assistant or other U.S. health professional schools. The post-bac program is suitable for those taking prerequisite courses, upper-division electives or a combination of the two.
Formal Pre-Health Post-Bac
Learn about our career changer and academic enhancer tracks
How to Apply
Application and admission information
Frequently Asked Questions
News & Events
Pre-Health Workshop Series
We are offering a series of free, online workshops targeted toward college and post-graduate students interested in attending medical school or pursuing another health profession. The goal of these workshops is to inform students about the many facets of the health professional school preparation and application process, and provide them tangible tools to use throuout their pre-health journey.
About the Post-Bac Program
Pre-Med and More
In addition to pre-medical students, we cater to students interested in the following health professions.
- Medicine (Allopathic, Osteopathic, Naturopathic, etc.)
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- And more
- Guaranteed enrollment: Because we run our own courses, enrollment is reserved for our post-bac students.
- Cohort structure: Students are organized into mutually supportive cohorts, a feature that emphasizes cooperation rather than competition.
- Flexibility: Students are not required to take classes they have already completed and done well in. Electives can be taken as needed, and part-time enrollment is possible.
- Academic advising: Students in the program receive a high level of staff support and personalized academic advising.
- Committee letter: Our committee writes detailed letters of evaluation for students upon completion of the certificate.
- Auxiliary discussion sections (SCI classes) are offered to supplement prerequisite coursework and further enhance learning.
- Professional development colloquia are offered during the first and final semesters for students to assess their career goals, develop effective application strategies and create community.
- Our nationally recognized program, modern curriculum and expert instructors are successfully training the healthcare leaders of tomorrow.
Our Mission Statement
The short-term goal of the Pre-Health Post-Bac programs is to guide participants through the entire preparation and application process so that they will be successful applicants to U.S. health professional schools. The three long-term goals of the programs are:
- To help train professionals that know how to conduct balanced lives and work with each other in a cooperative rather than competitive manner
- To contribute to social justice by training a diverse population of participants so that the pool of healthcare providers better matches the pool of patients, thus lessening the access, treatment and outcome disparities that plague our healthcare system
- To further contribute to social justice by providing socioeconomically disadvantaged participants a career path that provides them and their families with greater socioeconomic resources
Cost and Length
Cost: ~$5,000/semester. Cost varies based on number of courses taken.
Length: 2 - 6 semesters
When to Start: Fall, Spring, Summer
What Students Say
"Besides strengthening my application for medical school, the idea of living in a vibrant city like San Francisco really interested me. Choosing to come here has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. The collaborative and warm environment has allowed me to thrive beyond academics."
Myra, Cohort G