The highly structured, formal post-bac program prepares students for applying to graduate health professions schools such as medical, dental and pharmacy schools.
The program is split into two tracks:
- Career Changer Track (CCT)
- Academic Enhancer Track (AET)
The CCT is for those needing to take for the first time prerequisite science and math courses and a limited number of upper-division science electives. The AET is for those who need to improve their academic record by retaking some prerequisites and upper-division science electives as well as taking for the first time a number of upper-division science electives. Participants are also welcome to choose among the many science and public health electives offered in the Pre-Nursing Post-Bac Program.
Students must complete 40 units of coursework (which includes the Health Professions Colloquium) to satisfy certificate requirements. Up to 20 units may be able to be transferred from past coursework. Students enroll in special sessions through the College of Professional & Global Education.
Career Changer Track
CCT Year 1 - Formal Post-Bac Sample Curriculum
|Semester||Summer I||Fall I||Spring I|
|Total Units||12 Units||10 - 12 Units||10 - 12 Units|
Formal Post-Bac Sample Curriculum - CCT Year 2
|Semester||Summer II||Fall II||Spring II|
|Total Units||7 - 9 Units||6 - 10 Units||2 - 7 Units|
- Discussion sections for the Career Changer Track are optional but highly recommended. Total units above include discussions.
- We recommend that you have a minimum of two electives in upper-division science courses before applying to health professions school.
- Those who take Pre-Calculus during the first summer are strongly recommended to continue onward to Calculus I.
Academic Enhancer Track
Formal Post-Bac Sample Curriculum - AET
- The curriculum above reflects the semester in which a course may be scheduled. Actual course offerings are subject to change based on demand.
- Most AETs take three to four courses per semester in consultation with an advisor.